Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3 Little Words

I love how brave Robby is. He does things that scare him all the time so that his fears won't conquer him. He hates spiders, but he'll kill them. He hates heights, but he rock climbs. And everybody fears rejection, but...

We had been secretly dating for about 6 weeks and I was trying to convince Robby that I wasn't the girl for him. Then, on his birthday (I was visiting him for the festivities), he dropped the L-bomb. I had never expected him to tell me that he loved me and I couldn't say it back at the time. But he told me it was ok -- he didn't expect me to say it back. He just wanted me to know how he felt.

It took me two weeks to say it back to him and it was the scariest thing I've ever had to do or say. What if he had changed his mind? What if he rejected me? But I told him I loved him too and I'm so glad I did.

I'm so glad that Robby was brave enought to tell me he loved me. And I'm so glad he was patient enough to wait for me to be ready for him.

1 comment:

  1. The count down is almost over! SO excited for the two of you! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete