Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

All My Little Plans and Schemes

My plan when I was 4:


  • Start dating when I was 10

  • Get swept off my feet by a handsome prince

  • Get married when I turned 16 (that's how it happens in Disney right?)

  • Have a baby girl to dress up in lacy, frilly dresses

  • Live happiliy ever after



What actually happened:



  • Graduated from high school

  • Started dating after I graduated high school

  • Started college

  • Graduated from college (still not married, the 4-year-old me was heartbroken)

  • Got a good job

  • Started dating my best friend (again)

  • Got married at age 24 to a farm boy (but he still swept me off my feet and treats me better than a princess)

I think I like what actually happened much better than what 4-year-old me planned.


What we'd like to happen in our future:



  • Get new jobs in Twin Falls, Idaho

  • Move to Twin this summer

  • Have Robby start nursing school this winter

  • Robby graduates in 2 years

  • Robby finds a good job soon after he graduates

  • We start a family

  • I quit my job when our first baby comes

  • In 3-5 years from now, we have enough saved up to buy a modest house with a big yard (just in time for baby #2)

  • We hopefully have somewhere between 4 and 6 kids and add on to our house to accomodate our growing family

  • Live happily ever after

Well, that's the plan at least. Now what will actually happen? Only Heavenly Father knows. But I know that he has a plan in store for me that is better than anything I could make happen by myself. So I'll trust in Him -- even through the hard times. Because His ways are better than my ways and His timing is better than my timing.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures you are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this is Courtney Railsback from high school and your old ward. I found your blog through some other blogs lol and just wanted to say hi! :) I love your posts, very fun~

    ReplyDelete