Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Awesome Date Night

Robby and I had a way awesome date night on Saturday. I wish I had more pictures that I could post, but I forgot my camera.

We started out at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and traded some duplicate wedding presents for some stuff we had been wanting: cookie dough scoop, ice cream spoons, and a spoon rest.

Next, we went to the mall. I wanted some new T-shirts, but then I realized how much I hate clothes shopping so I gave up. Instead, we went over to Love Sac and drooled over the comfy furniture. We really, really, really want a SACtional sofa but they're so darn expensive. But I think, if we can save up enough money, we're going to buy it.

Then we headed over to Momentum and did some rock climbing. I still haven't totally regained my stamina from having strep and mono, but I climbing a couple routes. The rest of the time, I belayed and watched my hot husband show off his incredible rock climbing skills. So impressive!
After that, we were good and hungry so we went to dinner at Pei Wei. Robby got fried rice and I got Pad Thai. So yummy!!! It was fun to have a night out.

But the fun doesn't end there. After dinner, we headed home and made some chocolate waffles. Can you say delicious!?! For our wedding, my Grandma Holcomb gave us this wicked cool double-sided waffle iron. Thanks Grandma! We use it constantly. Once the waffles were done and topped with whipped cream, we snuggled up on the couch and watched a movie.




Thanks Grandma. And thank you Robby. This weekend was awesome!!!

Chocolate Waffle Recipe:
Ingredients
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
Optional:
  • Whipped Cream
  • Raspberry Sauce
  • Powdered Sugar
Directions

Mix all together and place on hot (greased) waffle iron. And top with whatever you want.


2 comments:

  1. What a fun date! I have been wanting to try Pei Wei since last summer. I had never heard of it before until some friends told us we need to try it out.
    Chocolate waffles!?! WOW YUMmy!!! Please share the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I am glad you are able to go out and have fun together. Yeah, you should post the chocolate waffles recipe.

    ReplyDelete