Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Finding the Silver Lining

Where one door closes, somewhere God opens a window. So I'm looking for open windows now.

And what I mean by that is that I just broke up with my boyfriend. Jason and I had been dating for the past 5 months, but we just reached a proverbial dead end. I hadn't heard much from him the past week. I was hoping that he was just busy, but when I finally got up the nerve to ask him if something was wrong, he said that he had been thinking a lot about our future lately and he just couldn't see a future for us.

I told him that I hoped we could stay friends and that I would always be there for him, but he deserved to find a girl that he could see a future with and I deserved a guy that could love me and not just "like" me. So, there it is, I'm back to being single. And I'm trying to see the bright side of it. I'll get to go through all the fun "firsts" again: first date, holding hands for the first time, first kiss, all that fun stuff. I don't have to worry about finding a job in southeast Idaho to stay close to Jason, I can move home after graduation and get a good job and save money.

The world is wide open to me now. And although there are some kind of dark, dreary clouds in my wide open world, I know that there is that wonderful silver lining if I just keep looking for it.

2 comments:

  1. Well, this explains the texts I got. Way to look for that wonderful silver lining! You are an amazing girl and you deserve the very best! Sure love ya girly pants! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that all that went down for ya, but at least now you have a clearer view of your path.

    ReplyDelete