Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Here Come the Waterworks

The last day of my incredible, amazing, fabulous, indescribable internship is tomorrow. I'm going to miss this place like a fat kid on a diet misses chocolate cake. I have seriously loved this internship!!! (maybe not every minute of it, but 99% of it) And I adore the people that I've been able to work with.

Katherine (my supervisor) is such an amazing woman. She's so strong and smart, but at the same time she's incredibly sweet and friendly and has the best giggle when she's on the phone.

Krachel (in charge of PR) as become like my best friend at MAW. I know all about her and her family (maybe sometimes a little too much - ha ha!) and we've had so much fun together doing Kids for Wish Kids stuff and traveling around to schools and Power of a Wish tapings.

Becky (in charge of Special Events) is so amazing. She's gone through so much (one of her sisters was a wish kid) but she is still so strong and optimistic. She's getting married on Saturday at the Wishing Place and I wish I could see her. She is going to be the most beautiful bride!

Katie (Database and also my office mate) is so flippin much fun. I'm always sad when she's not in the office, since she only works part-time. She has such great taste in music, so I never have to worry about if she's going to be listening to crappy music on her Pandora. We've had such great time swapping stories and laughing over the horrible names in our database i.e. Gay Gay and Hans Dickes.

These are the people I have gotten closest to while interning here, but I've also loved getting to know Mike (and seeing his new baby), Frank (and all his fun stories from home), Nicole (and please pray for her dog Babe who has Leukemia), Chriss (our CEO and such an amazing woman), Kandis (and hearing about her mission in Ireland), and Christine (and hearing all of her ghost stories. Apparently her life is plagued by poltergeists). I'll never forget the people I've met, the stories I've heard, and the experiences I've had here at the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Utah. I wish it didn't have to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment