Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Expectation vs Reality

I recently had a friend comment that she likes my blog, especially my "Life Plan" from when I was 4. I reread my life plan from 2011 and while I love what I have, it's very different from what I was hoping. 

Expectation in 2011


  • Get new jobs in Twin Falls, Idaho
  • Move to Twin this summer
  • Have Robby start nursing school this winter
  • Robby graduates in 2 years
  • Robby finds a good job soon after he graduates
  • We start a family
  • I quit my job when our first baby comes
  • In 3-5 years from now, we have enough saved up to buy a modest house with a big yard (just in time for baby #2)
  • We hopefully have somewhere between 4 and 6 kids and add on to our house to accomodate our growing family
  • Live happily ever after
Reality in 2014
  • We did move to Twin the summer after we got married
  • I found a new job at the hospital, Robby wasn't ever able to find a job
  • It took 2 years for Robby to start nursing school, but now he only has 2 semesters left
  • I found out I was pregnant a month after we moved to Twin
  • Since Robby couldn't find a job, I worked until we found out I was pregnant with our second baby
  • We're still 5 years or so from buying a house, but at least in a year we're moving out of this crumby apartment
  • Since I have to have c-sections for each delivery, we're maxed out at 4 kids, but it could be less depending on how I heal each time
  • But happily ever after is still on the table
Hopes for the next 3 years (2017)

  • Robby graduated in May 2015
  • Robby gets a nursing job somewhere in SouthEast Idaho
  • We move to Idaho Falls or somewhere near that
  • We rent somewhere that has a yard or is at least on the ground floor and near a playground
  • Robby and I go away for a weekend to celebrate
  • We pay off student loans and buy a minivan and save up for a down payment on a house
  • I get pregnant again in 2016 or 2017
  • Maybe we'll be in a house by the time our 3rd baby comes
Well, that's what I'm hoping for at least. I'll have to look back in 3 years and see what actually happens. But it's fun to hope and dream 


No comments:

Post a Comment