Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I Do Believe in Fairies

I had just about given up on the idea of getting a wedding dress with sleeves. All the modest dresses I saw online just looked to boring and -- frankly -- depressing. I figured I'd just get a strapless dress and a little jacket to wear with it to make it modest. I had almost decided to get this dress from the Perfect Dress:

I knew I was kind of rushed to get a dress because I new it would need alterations (I'm a good 6 inches shorter than the models they use), and also it's Chinese New Year right now. And I guess most wedding dresses come from China so you'd be hard pressed to get a dress from them in time for a March wedding. (Yikes!)

So, just as I had decided to call The Perfect Dress and order the afore-mentioned gown, my mom convinced me to call Fairy Godmother Bridal and ask if they had any similar dresses. I called Fairy Godmother on Sunday -- just expecting to leave a message and hear back from her on Monday. But she actually answered! She was so sweet and helpful. I told her what I was looking for and she made some suggestions of what she had in stock that she thought I might like. She seemed like she really understood my style and I thought: "What the heck! I'll just try her out." So I made an appointment for Monday at 6:30!

I got to her house (she's in the process of moving so she's just working out of her home right now) with my mom and brother, and she ushered me and my mom to the back room. John had to stay in the living room.

She was just amazing! First thing she did was to put a lovely necklace around my neck. She then gave me a lace bustier and shorts to put on. Then, basically all I had to do was stand in front of the mirror while she threw dress after dress over my head. I must've tried on at least 10 dresses. I had two favorites (the 2nd and 3rd dress that I tried on) in that time. So after I had tried on all the dresses she thought I would like, we went back to the two dresses I loved.

This was the runner up, but in ivory.
I won't show you a picture of the dress I ended up getting because the picture of it online just doesn't do it justice.

But I just have to say, it's beautiful!!! And she had already ordered it for her stock so it will be here before Christmas so I don't even have to worry about complications with Chinese New Year. Whew!

I just have to give a shout out to Fairy Godmother Bridal. Judy (the owner and wonderful lady that helped me that night) is just what every bride needs. She truly is like Cinderella's Fairy Godmother and she made this little scullery maid feel like a princess.

2 comments:

  1. YAY glad everything went so well I bet that takes a load off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horay! I'm so happy you found your dress! I'm sure you will be GORGEOUS! I am sooooosooooosoooo happy that you are getting married. Love you lots, lady!

    ReplyDelete