Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dream Come True

A few months ago, Robby and I had been talking about previous dating experiences and I told him I'd never been to Prom. He thought this was a crime, so to make up for it, he asked me to "prom" last week. He told me to get a fancy dress and he would take care of the rest.

Saturday night, He picked me up at my apartment (he even got me a corsage that matched my dress). For dinner, he took me to the Cheesecake Factory (can you say Yum!!!). He had Tomato-Basil Pasta and I had the Chicken Bellagio (breaded chicken on top of basil pasta, topped with prosciutto and arugula). And for dessert, we shared a piece of Reese's Peanut buttercup cheesecake. It was fantastic.

After dinner, we went back to his apartment and he had turned the second bedroom into a winter wonderland. He had decorated the room in Christmas twinkle lights and silver garlands and had even made a photo backdrop in the closet door. :)

He turned on a wonderful playlist of the best love songs and we slow-danced in that little room. It was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. He had his camera propped up on a shelf at the opposite end of the room so we could take pictures too. Just like prom!




When the playlist ended, he got out his ukulele. Years ago, before we dated the first time, he hadn't been able to fall asleep one night. And so, at 2 in the morning, he had written a song about me.

Phosphorescent stars glow on the ceiling.
I enter a land of dreams, but I'm not sleeping.
I was trying to go to bed but I lost my way
I forgot how to get there I'd like to go back someday
because it's two o'clock and my mind just won't stop.
I've been thinking about you and me and how it would be
But you and me only happens in my dreams. Only happens in my dreams.

... but then he totally surprised me with a new ending to the song. I don't remember all the words but it was about how he's now wide awake but the girl of his dreams is real. My favorite line was "you have a beautiful soul and your love makes me feel whole."

I started crying. Then when the song ended, he got down on one knee.


and asked me if I would marry him. Of course I said YES!!!


We're getting married March 12th in the Salt Lake Temple!!!!!!!

If you would like a wedding invitation, please leave your name and address in a comment. Thanks!!!

10 comments:

  1. You guys look so cute! I am so happy for you. I will be calling you soon to get the details :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats Brittany! Married life is the best, you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany, I am so excited for you! He sounds like a great guy! I hope I see a wedding announcement.

    Jeff & Jessica Andersen
    7400 South State #10103
    Midvale, UT 84047

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's legit, you can link the wedding blogs hahahaha! must needs put better pic of ring up ;) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you! I don't know if you have my address so I will comply with your request :)
    1547 N 3000 E
    Sugar city, ID 83448

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! You two make a great couple!

    Laura Pouliot
    1012 N 280 Rd
    Baldwin City, Ks 66006

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Very SWEET! Congrats once again!!
    642 North 200 East #218
    Provo, UT 84606

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brittany congratulations!! I am so excited for you and Robby! I have been hoping for a while that you two would get married! THis seriously just made my day!
    I would love to receive an invitation
    Ben and Kristen Call
    318 Pioneer Rd. #900
    Rexburg Idaho 83440

    I am sooooo happy for you!
    p.s. that is such a cute prom you two had!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats again girl! I DEFINITELY want an invite! We are The Warrs at 585 S. Orem Blvd. #4, Orem UT 84058.

    Yay for really cute engagement stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We wants one!

    Bob and Cilla Neve
    1797 Lincoln Lane
    SLC, UT 84124

    ReplyDelete