Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Blues

This post may be a bit of a downer, so reader beware.


Do you ever have days where you just wake up sad? Today is one of those days. I have every reason to be happy today: I don't have work, I got to sleep in, there was a thunderstorm today, and I took a candle-lit bubble bath during the storm while; outside, I could hear Robby cleaning the kitchen. I should count myself the luckiest and happiest person on the face of the planet. But I just feel sad.

As far as I can tell there's one basic reason why I feel sad -- besides hormones or something -- I'm a lottle-bit baby hungry. It seems to be all around me. 95% of my friends are having babies this year. I so wish Robby and I were in a position where we could have a baby. I know how much he wants to be a dad and I want to be a mom so bad it hurts. But it's just not even possible right now.

Every time I see a pregnant woman or that one of my friends is having or just had a baby or a sweet, little, innocent baby face my heart just breaks with longing. I would love to feel a little baby growing inside of me. I would love to know that Robby and I had created life together. Even though I'm terrifies of labor, I'm still sure that it's 100% worth it just to be able to hold that warm, cubby little one in my arms. My heart aches to me a mom. But it could be years until Robby and I are at the point where we can have a family. I know it will eventually happen, but it might not happen for years. I just want it so badly. I don't know how to suppress these feelings. I want to have a baby so bad sometimes that I just want to cry. Today is one of those days.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy do I know how you feel...you seriously put it into words perfectly. I have been baby hungry for 2 years...it sucks, especially when you feel like you're the only one not pregnant. You are definitely not alone in feeling that way, but it does get better if you just stay busy and enjoy it being just the two of you.

    ReplyDelete