Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 17, 2011

All-American

We spent the 4th of July with Robby's family. And despite the look on Robby's face in this picture, we had a great time.
This is the picture of Robby I'll use when he runs away and I have to put up Lost Husband flyers

Messing around before the fireworks started


We played games and had wonderful treats before the show. Robby's mom is an amazing cook. I'm pretty sure if we lived with Robby's parents, I would get really fat. She did all the food for our second reception, for Mathew and Candace's wedding luncheon, and Chris and Katie's reception. (Mathew and Christopher are Robby's brothers) There were cream puffs, and cream-filled cupcakes, and lemon bars, and cheesecake. I'm gaining weight just thinking about the decadence. 

 The fireworks show in Idaho Falls was amazing! And the whole thing was choreographed to music. The entire show felt like the grand finale of the fireworks displays I usually go to. It was beautiful.
We went boating while we were there and I got majorly burned. 
I'm still pealing from the burn. It killed. 

 To continue on with some grand American traditions, Robby's been playing on our ward's softball team. It's so fun to watch him. Our ward has won the past 4 games. (I think it's all thanks to my amazing husband!)

And to finish off the Americana, we had a BBQ last night with Robby's old roommate, wife, and some of her friends and all their kids. We grilled hot dogs and played outside and drank Root Beer. This has been a great summer. God Bless America!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun way to celebrate the fourth! Looks like you guys are having a blast.

    ReplyDelete