Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 15, 2010

Halo of Highlights

This morning, while working at the reception desk, I was told by one of our clients that I had such lovely hair; I should be a Breck's Shampoo model.

I'd never heard of Breck's, so I looked up their ads online and this is what I found:


She was SO right! I totally belong in one of these ads!



I mean, seriously! This is how I do my hair every day!







Straight up 1970's! Love it!


In 1936, Edward J. Breck hired commercial artist Charles Gates Sheldon to draw women for their advertisements. Sheldon's early portraits for Breck were done in pastels, with a soft focus and a halo of light and color surrounding the model. He created romantic images of feminie beauty and purity. He preferred to draw "real women" as opposed to professional models. (wikipedia)
*Sigh* If only I'd be born in the 1950's, I could totally be a rich and famous hair model by now.

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty funny! I think you should dress and do your hair like these ladies and do a Breck Shampoo photo shoot! It'd be hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! I vote for the short, close bob (third from the bottom)

    ReplyDelete