Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

An Ode to Peppermint Oil

I got sick over the weekend. Just a nasty flu bug, but I'm still not at 100%. The worst part was the fever. My head pounded, my eyes stung, my muscles and joints ached, and my skin hurt to the touch. Then the fever decided to settle into my lower-back, hips, and knees. I still feel a little like an old, hunched-over, 80 year-old woman. And although I was able to keep food down (unlike my poor mom) I was so nauseous that everything made me want to hurl. My salvation on that count was Peppermint Oil.


It's a beautiful thing. You just pour a little in your hands and cup your hands over your mouth and nose. Just the smell of the oil is enough to aleviate the nausea. According to Young Living Farms (a local maker of pure essential oils in Mona, Utah) these are just some of the maladies that peppermint oil can help aleviate:


Asthma, bronchitis, candida, diarrhea, digestive aid, fever reduction, halitosis, heartburn, hemorrhoids, hot flashes, indigestion, menstrual irregularity, headaches, motion sickness, nausea, tumor growth, respiratory infections, shock, itchy skin, throat infections, and varicose veins. Other Uses: This oil may help arthritis, indigestion, depression, skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis), food poisoning, headaches, hives, hysteria, inflammation, morning sickness, nerve regeneration, rheumatism, may elevate and open sensory system, toothaches, and tuberculosis.
So 3 big cheers for Peppermint Oil!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you may have gotten a small glimpse into what pregnancy feels like! I hear peppermint oil is also helpful with morning sickness, although I've never used it. Glad you're feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That last comment was from me! Craig has definitely not experienced morning sickness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad the oil helped some! Are you feeling any better yet?

    ReplyDelete